luni, iulie 09, 2007

Alpha Centauri - part V

The room went dark, revealing the holographic grid… only she remained… the expression on her face changed… revealing a true soldier… even her clothes changed… into the white of the Alpha.

Where and when are we?

On deck 3, holographic room 1, Starship Nemesis, class Fighter, star-date 20891201.

Current location?

Orbit of the planet X12Y1, system X157, Alpha Centaury Galaxy.

Time to next mission?

Unavailable.

Current fighting status and locations?

Listing the fights taking into account the proximity of the starship:

- Planet X12Y1, system X157, team of 6, CL0 member present – need assistance

- Planet X15Y5, system Y12, team of 12, CL0 member present

- Planet X25Y12, system Z25, team of 12, CL0 member present

These planets are within a transit day. Shall I continue?

Enough.

Prepare me a shuttle… And he left the holographic room heading for the captains chamber.

CL0 Alpha reporting.

At ease and have a sit… there are things that you should know. I know I can not stop you in either way but… their position is strong and they are heavily fortified…

Ok, then I’ll go and get them out of there.

As you see fit.

He knew, that I knew she was down there… I’ll just go in slow… and thy and get the best of them to join us… I mean… sacrifice themselves for us… what a turn of events… they tried to conquer us and now… we use themselves to free us… how ironic…

Approaching the surface… he felt the second wave coming… he knew that at this point, without the ‘help’ of that overseer they could not get out of there…

Alpha Centauri – part IV
Alpha Centauri – part III
Alpha Centauri – part II
Alpha Centauri – part I

3 comentarii:

  1. Ok...I'm in deep, thick mist...I mean the suspense is great but it's such a tiny bit...I want more :(( ( BTW - dialogues are in bold, thoughts in italic, or viceversa? - quite difficult to figure it out)

    the action took such a turn of events...one moment on the battle field, the next in the holographic room, but at least now heknows who he is and goes in for the fight...Nonetheless, who's "she"????

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Italic is the dialogue between the characters… in bold his / hers thoughts…
    She might be revealed soon… or not…

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. NICE!!! really nice!!! as I predicted, you didn't disappoint me... the turn of events was quit radical and unexpected, but it provided a special charme to the story. indeed the mystery is deeper and deeper, but the story gets better every day. who is he? who is SHE??? these are questions that are of great interest only for those impacient and not accustomed to reading... I can hardy wait for the next part... every part reveals a bit of the hero's personality, but also the context; I see him evolve with the events, raising new questions with every thought or movement... my pacience was abundantly rewarded! THANK YOU!!! now, get on writing! ;)

    RăspundețiȘtergere