miercuri, ianuarie 09, 2008

Alpha Centauri - part IX

I’m ok, you can go now… I’m sorry I disturbed you… It is not OK for you to stay here with me.

Well I am the only one that can help you and you know that… so I am not leaving.

Go, now!

OK… if you put it that way… I’ll go…

*********

The next morning they were out again into deep space on the way to closest free human planet to let the refugees go and continue their mission when they have been hailed by some transporters asking for help.

The two transporters were full over their passenger limit and required assistance as to move some of their passengers as to continue their journey in safe conditions.

More than 100 and some people have been moved from the transporters to the ship.

Given the dire conditions of the transports and the ship she went to the captain.

CL1 Alpha reporting for duty.

At ease Alpha… although this military crap does not apply to you Alpha. How may I help you?

Given the current circumstances I wish to give up my cabin for some refugees.

And where will you sleep?

I would like to be moved with CL0 Alpha.

Does he know about this?

He doesn’t, but he has nightmares and I am the only one that can help and you know that.

OK… as you wish… but you will have to tackle that with him.

Thank you sir.

*********

One of the duties that Alpha’s had on the ships they traveled on was to take care of the refugees… and of their fears, so he had a busy day taking care of some of the refugees on board so not to notice the changes that happened around his cabin.

Ships sleep hours came and he headed towards his cabin only to find her there.

What are you doing here?

Well… I’ll stay here until we reach the planet…

Are you sure?

Well, I am… but ask the computer if you don’t trust me.

Computer, show me the location of the cabin assigned to Alpha – CL1 – 2AF0001.

The computer panel lit up and showed her cabins location.

Computer, show me the location of the cabin assigned to Alpha – CL0 – 1AM0001, use overlay.

The computer overlaid his location on the same map… the two positions coincided.

Well it looks like you were right… what are we going to do… ‘cause there is only one bed…

We could share it… if you don’t have a problem with it.


Alpha Centauri – part VIII
Alpha Centauri – part VII
Alpha Centauri – part VI
Alpha Centauri – part V
Alpha Centauri – part IV
Alpha Centauri – part III
Alpha Centauri – part II
Alpha Centauri – part I

3 comentarii:

  1. she's stubborn, that for once...are they really going to sleep in the same bed?

    probably helps with nightmares

    good post, some fun, wait for more

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. depends on what my readers want...

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. mwhaaaa

    yes, yes, yes......

    i want to see the cure for nightmares

    RăspundețiȘtergere